Where would you like to go?

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Ribbony madness!

If you've been following my blog, then you may have seen on the and more... page that I am involved in a Pinterest Challenge!  Today is the day where we all get to share our creations!  I'm so excited to share with you guys a little fun and sweet thing I made.  But before I do, here's a graphic to make it all official, courtesy of Katie from Bower Power.
Not quite summer here in NZ like it is where they are, but still, what a fun challenge, huh?  I couldn't wait to get cutting!!!

Here is a sneak peek at what I made...
This is what was in my ribbon bin...I had to separate the boy-ish colours from the girly ones as this project is for my twin boys.
Did you guess what I made?  Probably not with that picture, lol.  Find out after the jump...

Okay, so my current house has high ceilings that I absolutely adore, but as much as I love it, sometimes it looks like wasted space with so much potential to be great!  So I thought, why not make something visually appealing with that space??  Make it momentous?  That's when I remembered a mobile project I made for one of my final projects for Spatial Design when I studied Art and Design YEARS ago.  I know this is kind of sidetracking from this post, but here's a little bit about that project.  Over the years I had accumulated movie tickets (which I had written at the back who I watched it with and what I thought of it).  I had HEEEAAAPS stored in a special memory box (that sadly I can't seem to locate anymore).  I decided to photocopy each and every one of them, cut them out, laminate, cut again, pierce holes through them and thread through clear nylon strings to make a Memory mobile.  It was such a cool project, but I can't seem to find any pictures of it to share with you all :-(  I didn't have a digital camera back then, so I don't think I even documented it...  Oh well, maybe it's one of those things that's best treasured in the moment...  With that said, let's get back to the Pinterest Challenge!!

After sifting through so many ribbons, then selecting the ones that looked suitable for the job,  here are the successful applicants!
And now cut to desired lengths...

Pegged on an embroidery hoop to try out different ribbon combination options
 Now from this moment on I decided to turn off the flash because I wasn't too keen on how the pictures were turning out...
After VERY PATIENTLY hot gluing each ribbon onto my hoop, here it is... 

Hung with twine on my ironing board, which I placed on top of my coffee table just to take this shot, hehe

Different angle
 And now, you'll see what it looks like as a chandelier.  I had to place it in our dining area to test it out (but really it was because the only way I could reach up there was by standing on our table...with clean feet of course).
Ah, beautiful!

I love how it glows and really shows off the beautiful blues and greens... 
 These next shots were taken this morning, just for you to see what it looks like during the day...

I'll iron these ribbons before I put them in the twins' bedroom...if I can be bothered, hehe

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
I hope you enjoyed this DIY post!  I'll be sure to keep them coming, along with all my cake creations!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

xo

P.S. If you know somebody who would really love this post, then don't forget to share it with them by clicking on the links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment