Where would you like to go?

Monday 10 October 2011

Happy bunting

Today, I am excited to share with you a crafty project I did last week for my twin boys' bedroom.  For about a month now my hubby has been bugging me to put something on the wall on top of their closet.  Now, you're probably wondering why?  Well, our son Javier has been having some issues with that blank wall for a while now.  Before we put him to bed, he would stare at that blank space and cry.  To be honest, it freaked us out a little, but we prayed it out.  This would happen almost every night, so we decided to have the lights off when tucking them in.  This seemed to work, but we wanted a better solution so that we didn't have to omit reading to them before bed (whilst in their bedroom).  So, (finally) I put my crafty hat on and got started.  I knew I wanted colour, but wasn't sure what?  I contemplated putting some canvas art up there, but I wasn't too excited about it.  Then I thought of putting up a poster, but that wasn't getting me all excited either.  Then I thought 'bunting' - that's it!  That got me super excited!!

After rummaging through my craft box for inspiration, I decided to use some of my collected paint chips for this project.  It's the perfect solution for adding colour to a room.  Don't you love it when light bulbs start working?

The best thing about this project is that it cost me NOTHING!  I already had paint chips, a single hole puncher, scissors, and some wire...oh, and command hooks, on hand.  Oh yeah baby!  I just used the same bunting template I made from here for this project.

Click after the break to see more pics...




 Like that ribbon chandelier?  Click here to see how I made it.  It's super easy and looks sooo great!  If you want a girl-version, just choose girly colours and you're sussed!


We are very happy that our dear Javier doesn't cry anymore and now enjoys staring at that once-dreaded space.  What creative solutions have you come up with lately?  Do share them in the comments section below.  I would love to hear about your ideas!

Have a crafty Monday and see you all again tomorrow!  I have a little monkey business in store for you...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment