Where would you like to go?

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Chanel for Chanel

Hey everyone!  I am so delighted to share with you my first cake order for the year - a Chanel cake.  What a lovely way to start the year!!  I've been wanting to try something pretty and elegant and of course vintage inspired.  That's why I was so excited when I was given the thumbs up to do my own thing.  Kenneth (my friend who ordered the cake for his girlfriend) sent me a picture of another Chanel cake as an example of what his girlfriend wanted.  I simply used it as a guide as I wanted to create something different but equally as stunning for him to present to his girlfriend.  Here's how it turned out...enjoy!


And now for the lovely details...
Each pearl was handmade (one strand round, one strand oval) as I do not own a pearl mould.  Definitely one of many things I would love to buy to make life a bit less complicated when it comes to cake decorating :-) 
I really love how my rose turned out!  This was actually my second one as my youngest twin Carlyle decided to eat the first rose for breakfast.  It's funny now, but it wasn't funny that morning I was working on the cake, especially after not sleeping the night before.  Grrr...
I'm sooo glad to have chosen to scatter petals around the cake instead of adding more flowers and pearls.  I think it made it look very elegant and chic.

Best thing was that Chanel herself loved the cake and thought it was better than the original pic that her and Kenneth had picked out.  The original was already stunning so for mine to be considered  better would have to be the best complement ever :-) 

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my blog.  It really means a lot to me, especially in this new year!  I really look forward to the fun times and challenges that are in store for us this year.  Bring 'em on 2012!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment