Where would you like to go?

Friday 27 April 2012

Happy 22nd birthday to the Godfather!!

Happy Friday guys!!  Hope you've had a fantastic week!  I've been feeling so drained this week which is why you haven't been seeing much of me.  Hopefully with some good rest I'll be back with more energy ;-)  Today I have the pleasure of sharing with you a cake I did this week for my friend Kenneth.  He celebrated his 22nd birthday Mafia styles, hence the post title.  His wonderful girlfriend Chanelle requested a pretty cool cake idea, and I was more than excited to give it a go!!

Chanelle wanted a stack of cash with a single red rose on it, with blood dripping down the side.  How awesome is that!  Definitely something different, and exciting!!!!  To give this cake an even more 'pow', we decided to make the cake green inside to mimic money.  Kenneth loves red velvet, so it was an easy switch to green.  And I love how the green turned out, too.  It was more of an olive green than a vibrant one, which is truer to the colour of money.  Who would expect to cut into a cake and see green right?  That element of surprise was definitely what Chanelle was hoping for, and I thought it was a neat idea! :-)

If you know me, you know that I usually go the extra mile in everything I do.  So, I decided to make this cake do just that by personalising it and painting Kenneth on the cake!  You know the American hundred dollar bill with Benjamin Franklin?  Well, that was my inspiration, but I didn't make it exact, just got ideas from it.

So, without further ado, I present to you Kenneth's mafia birthday cake!  Enjoy!!



I know a lot of you like to see progress shots, so click after the break to see a few pics I snapped up in the process.










I actually didn't get to take a photo of the absolute final cake!  I decided to added a few deep red petals on the pool of 'blood' and it looked awesome!  When I grabbed my camera, the battery was flat and Kenneth's sister was standing beside me waiting to collect the cake for the party...lol.  Oh well, you get the idea!!!  To this day I can't find my battery charger...noooooo!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed today's cake feature!  Have a wonderful weekend and see you all back here next week!!

xo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment