Where would you like to go?

Friday 20 April 2012

Rose Wedding

Wow, I am super thrilled to share with you Wedding Cake #4!!  Can you believe it?  I am truly blessed and honoured that there are people out there who trust me enough to make their cake for their special day!  I still can't believe I have now been a part of four weddings.  I look forward to many more for sure!!

This cake turned out to be quite a stunner.  It is classic and elegant and definitely captured the look Mythreyi and her fiance were going for.  Mythreyi came to me excited about her wedding cake.  She had heard from me through her friend, who happens to be Deepana's sister!  What a small world hey?  Well, Mythreyi came over to meet me one day and we discussed her ideas.  I must say, she knew exactly what she wanted and came prepared with inspirational photos.  She wanted three white tiers with pops of deep red against the white cake.  She wanted cascading roses from top to bottom.  She also wanted to personalise the cake with their initials on the top tier.  And of course, she wanted chocolate, and even requested for the middle tier to be vegetarian so that all guests were able to enjoy their cake.  Mytheri is wonderful and so organised!  It was such a pleasure to be chosen to be part of their special day!!

So, here are a few progress pictures I snapped up to share with you all.  Enjoy!

I have never made this many sugar roses in my life!!!!!!!!!  

My DIY flower hanger...aka stick!  lol

Dusting the petals to give the roses colour and depth

Wee pretty thing

More dusting and adding that pop of deep red to the bunch!

Chocolate haven!

And now, for the big unveiling...click 'Read More' to see the cake!!




Progress - front top of tier
Progress 
The final product

And here are some lovely details...


And now at the wedding reception, Masala Restaurant Mission Bay...

Some pearl button detailing on the back of the cake

Back of top tier




I have to say, I am really proud of this creation and the way it turned out!  I love the variety of roses (from buds to full ones) and the effect of them cascading.  It was scary transporting this cake from my place to the restaurant because you'll never know what's going to happen along the way.  Thank God it made it to the venue in one piece.  That was the longest time I held my breath!  Lol.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!!  Can't wait to share a fun and colourful one with you next week...more fun times ahead!!  Have an awesome weekend and see you on Monday!!

xo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment