Where would you like to go?

Thursday 24 May 2012

Happy 1st birthday Hosea!!

Today's cake feature is one I made for a boy named Hosea who turned the big ONE this past weekend.  His Mum Shaye ordered his cake from me all the way from Brisbane!  She had seen one of my cakes at our mutual friend Ashleigh's facebook page and wanted to know who made it.  Soon after, she sent me a private message asking if I could make her son's birthday cake.  As my week was clear (with only one other cake to do) I happily accepted the challenge.  She knew what she wanted and sent me a pic for inspiration.  Such a fun theme - Sesame street's Elmo and Cookie Monster!!  I was sooo excited to make this cake!!  

I actually had to make sure she didn't expect me to 'airmail' the cake over...lol.  She confirmed that she and her family were coming over to NZ to celebrate with family and friends.  Phew!  I know it seems crazy to think that, but you can never be too sure...hehehe.

So, without further ado, Hosea's Elmo Cookie birthday cake!!  Enjoy!!


Click after the break to see close ups...



Hope you enjoyed today's cake feature!  It was such a fun cake to make!  Although proportions weren't quite spot on (ie. Elmo's nose should be bigger) overall it still looked awesome!!  And best of all, Shaye loved it!  Hopefully the birthday boy did, too.

Have a great day!  See you back here tomorrow (I'll be sharing the second cake I made on the weekend...we'll be travelling back in time to visit the sixties)!!  Funnn!!

xo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment