Where would you like to go?

Monday 31 December 2012

Pika Pika Pikachu!!

{continuation from my last post on 19/12/2012...sorry about the delay!!}

Third sleepless night...

Worked on a fun cake for a very sweet boy who celebrated his 6th birthday on the weekend - Joaquin.  Now, I've had the pleasure of making Joaquin's birthday cake since he was 4.  The very first one I made for him was Bumblebee and this has got to be one of my favourite cakes of all time!!  Then I made a Ben 10 themed one for that same year {for his daycare).  His 5th birthday I made an iPad - I actually had very little time to work on this cake, but still pleased with the way it turned out!  And this year, Joaquin decided he wanted a Pokemon Pikachu cake.  This boy just loves giving me cake challenges I swear!!  But I love him to bits!!  And ultimately all that matters really is the glee that resides in a child's face when they see their birthday cake :-)  It's the best and most precious moment for me!!

Now, I didn't get to take proper photos of the final product...I simply ran outta time!!  While I had the cake {and cupcakes} to make, I was also busy putting together a candy buffet, sorting out games, loot bags and prizes!  I was almost like a headless chicken running around hehe!!  Anyway, I hope ya like the cake!!  Enjoy!!

{Pikachu progress}

{Pokemon ball progress}


{On our way to the party}

{Finally, at the party!!}

{Joaquin blowing out his birthday candles x}
I hope you all enjoyed this {very late} cake feature!!!  I have one more cake to share with you before the year ends, so fingers crossed I get it done soon!!  Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends and have a BLESSED & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

xo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment