Where would you like to go?

Monday 5 March 2012

Cars birthday cake for Keanu!!

On the weekend I had the pleasure of creating a cake for a boy named Keanu.  His Mum contacted me a little while back asking if I could make him a Disney Pixar Cars themed cake for his 4th birthday.  I was really excited to come up with something awesome for him.  After some brainstorming I decided to go for a track cake, similar to the one I made for my nephew Malachi here, but Cars inspired.  I really love the Radiator Springs setting, so I made sure I incorporated that on the cake.

Lightning McQueen is made of fondant and all the details are hand-painted.  The white kept turning pink because of the red fondant, and it was really driving me insane!!  But, I still think he turned out pretty cool!  All the other details are made of fondant, too.  Here it is, hope you like it!!

 Just realised that this first picture didn't have the 'Keanu 4' road sign attached yet...oops :-P





Hope you liked today's cake feature!  Have a wonderful day and enjoy this gorgeous sun we're blessed with!!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment